As a responsible investor, we embed Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations into everything that we do.
We integrate sustainability and ESG practices into our business and investment philosophy to enable positive economic, environmental, and social change. We do this in a number of ways at all points of the investment process.
Research, due diligence, and investment screening
- Our initial screening of companies focuses on potential environmental, operational, and human rights issues;
- ESG issues and opportunities are analysed and assessed as part of the detailed due diligence on potential investments.
- Material ESG issues are highlighted in memoranda and discussed at investment committee;
- ESG considerations form part of the Investment Committee’s deliberations.
- We seek to be good stewards with oversight of boards, strong governance and a clear focus on diversity;
- We engage with all portfolio companies and support them as they address ESG-related issues.
- We track key metrics and working practices across our business and our portfolio of investments;
- We implement policies and procedures where possible to improve both measurement and outcomes.
- We believe that strong ESG practices and credentials create better long-term outcomes for our shareholders and investors;
- We are focused on sustainable growth as we believe this is how greater long term value will be created.